1. After a long chill, the sun came out today and I did my last jog before THE BIG ONE.
2. While picking up this haul, my cashier tells me she is also someone who lives with type 1 diabetes. Co-incidence? I think not!
We don't have Level Foods in Canada-so I'm stocking up! It's been my go-to for running and triathlon training. I will be loaded with it tomorrow.
3. I got a sweet Facebook message from an old running buddy wishing me luck. I bumped into him during a big runners dinner the night before here in Orlando. This man is the sweetest-and his positive energy just rubbed off on me. He told me to just enjoy it and my response to that is-I WILL SOAK UP ALL THAT AMAZING ENERGY.
4. Splish slash my legs feel primed after this fun swim this afternoon.
5. Although I’m excited, I’m not nervous. I trained hard. I can do the distance. If something happens, it happens. It’s the process-not the medal, not the bragging rights, not anything else.
Thank you for all of your support. My next blog will be all about the marathon.
Hugs, high fives and fist bumps. DOC-you helped me get here.