1. Drove to Ottawa, BBQ feasted with Connected in Motion and checked into our weekend home, Carleton University.
2. Reminisced and realized that for me, this was my life 10 years ago #WhereHasTheTimeGone
3. Picked up bib.
4. Did some yoga in the park!
5. Cheered with signs and people that looked like this:
CIM was outstanding at the cheer. Everyone was enthusiastic. No one wanted to pack it up early. Cheers were loud and proud until the last runner past for every single race that took place this weekend. True spirit and heart when you hang out with CIM. It was also a real chance to also practice my deep yogic breathing while utilizing a noise-maker.
6. No selfies here. Took photos like in the olden days.
7. Sunday half-marathon: ran it. Had a PB + PR. Steady bg’s. LOTS of Gatorade, two gels, ample water and checks before, twice during and one post-race. Pushed hard and made my dream goal, finishing under 2:30. No calf pain either. It was a great day. Credit goes to the pace bunny. Without him, I wouldn’t have made it. These volunteers make all the difference.
8. Stared at map for a long time after I was done.
9. Enjoyed and am still enjoying the medal!
Thank you Connected in Motion for yet another amazing experience with even more amazing(er) people. Amazinger? I’m tired.
© t1dactiveliving.com All rights reserved.